AKA known as Hubby & Magoo ...*
We're so excited to get out there and cheer for Mum (on the Run) at Sunday morning's marathon. So excited we wanted to make a poster, a banner, something to encourage and inspire her.
We were all set to make a blue sign - Magoo's favourite colour, when Mum read somewhere that even just seeing a flash of red can increase athletic performance - some theory relating back to caveman days when a reddening face alerted people to hotfoot it away from the man wielding the club - or something.
So, a red sign it was.
We've learnt not to argue with a woman on a marathon mission.
We wanted our words to be uplifting, relevant and helpful.
Magoo suggested "Go fast, Mum", but Mum was pretty quick to point out that running fast was not the essence of completing a marathon.
Our alternative "Go slow, Mum" was then given a swift shake of the head for some reason.
Everyone knows, when in doubt, ask Uncle Google. So we did.
Here are a selection of quotes that we found and love, but that have been banner banned for various reasons.
- In our minds, you're a Kenyan.
- Your feet hurt because you are kicking so much butt!
- Your legs will forgive you...eventually.
- Don't stop -- people are watching.
- Worst. Parade. Ever.
- That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying.
- If it was easy, we would do it.
- Run like you stole something.
- Surely, this is easier than labour and delivery.
- You're not slow. You're just enjoying the course.
- Stop reading this and keep running!
- Don't worry, toenails are overrated.
- It'll feel better when it stops hurting.
- Mortuary ahead....look alive!
- You're NOT almost there.
- Staying up all night making this sign was hard too!!
and this for the reverse :
Remeber that pain is just weakness leaving the body, Mum!
Magoo & Hubby