I'm a hater.
A Winter hater.
Cold weather, rainy day, stormy seas hater.
Now, all that hate's no good for anyone.
So in a bid to become more enthused about Winter
(and less like a whinging, whining, wining pensioner)
I thought I'd compile a list of reasons why rain rocks.
A good list is the perfect remedy to any grumble!
Rain rocks because
(wish me luck)
- we need it (well, thats what I'm told on a super regular basis)
- I don't have to water the plants
- I don't have to feel guily about not washing my car
- Magoo loves puddles
- kids look adorable in raincoats and gumboots
- Hubby's annual Avon Descent adventure is far more satisfying with water in the river
- running in the rain is actually quite invigorating (when it doesn't result in a cold)
- we get to sing rain songs lke 'Rain, Rain, Go Away" and 'Incy Wincy Spider'
- 'fat' days are much easier to hide/ignore under layers
- I don't feel the need to constantly be outside "making the most" of the glorious weather
- there are some super funky, gorgeous umbrellas out there - yep, loved yours Madam Lollipop Lady @ the local school
- I no longer feel as motivated to bolt out of bed at 5.30am. Therefore, morning snuggles are on the up in Winter (pardon the pun)
- if I selfishly choose to go to the gym rather than walk the dog, I have a plausible excuse
- everybody's hair looks like crap so it's an even playing field
- I get to take the trusty old x trail out of 2WD, therefore justifying my unnecessary suburban 4WD
- people slip over - and that's damn funny - whether you want to admit it or not
- my bestie invites us up for Moussaka - yummmm
|Awww - look how pretty rain is.|
Okay, I'm clutching at straws with a few of those, but I'm trying here!
Wishing you a happy, rainy, splashy, frickin muddy footprints everywhere, can't go to the park kinda day.