Friday, February 10, 2012

Grateful For Soul Food

I'll never tire of the belly laughs that erupt out of ordinary conversation.
Those gorgeous mouths of babes and way they can lighten any mood and brighten any day.

I'm so grateful for the perspective and joy that children bring to my work, home and social life.

This week's personal favourite...

          Pre-Kindy Teacher :   Magoo, what does your Dad do?
          Magoo :                    Sleep with my Mummy... Oh, and sometimes do the dishes.

Just what I needed after a heavy day doing what I 'do' part time.
Hubby is a construction manager,
but obviously he makes more of an impression in other areas of his life!
What is it exactly you do again, Dad?!
Linking with Maxabella's 52 Weeks of Grateful.
Come see what's making everyone smile this week.

Shar :-)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big belly laugh...thank you Magoo xx

Maxabella said...

Oh that's gold. And, really, that's about all he needs to do, right? Sleep with you and wash the dishes? I'll take it! x

All For Love said...

Oh that is priceless Shar, I love it! Such a cute pic too. The little ones really do come out with the best lines. All I can say is lucky daddy if that's all his job entails ;o) xo

Deb @ home life simplified said...

Out of the mouths of babes - love it!

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

kids know stuff and they are usually pretty spot on in a funny way...he has seen what goes on around the house;)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Hee hee, you know, they could say anything like "swears when he hits his thumb with a hammer" but indicating a good healthy marriage is a win!! The first say our children started at their latest school the principal rang to see how the got on & my eldest answered the phone & said "Mum & Dad are in the shower, yes together, they do weird things like that naked all the time" & then she passed me the phone of course, dripping wet - the principal was laughing so hard, she didn't realise i had picked up the phone yet. Of course to me, it was innocent - post dog walk, pre dinner shower with my husband, but to a stranger it could have been anything going on in that shower!!
Hugs to your construction man, love Posie

melissa said...

Oh - needed that laugh, and the laugh from Posie's comment!!

I love what kids say - they can be so innocently hilarious!

Nat - Muddy Farmwife said...

So cute Shar!!!
At least he said Dad's job was dishes and not yours!

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Oh that is just so cute and it made me smile too. I love the things kids say with all the naivety in the world. You need to write them down as you forget over time. :) xx