Monday, July 4, 2011

Point + Shoot : Toddler Turnaround

They fall hard but they bounce back with speed - these little people.

Sunday morning, after a Mummy run,
(Alleluia  - and thank you grandparents)
Magoo and I had ourselves a little "babytuna" date.
As we were leaving the cafe, Magoo suddenly began moaning, groaning and clutching at his stomach.
 By the time I hightailed him home he was crying and whining
 "Mummy, Mum-my, Muuummyy" on repeat.

Sunday 11am - poor little misery guts

The poor little man spent the rest of the day alternating between crying on my shoulder and sleeping on my chest.
Offers of trips to the park, ball with the dog, bike rides and snacks were all refused.


Sunday 6pm - smiles resume
Until 5.30pm when Magoo made a miraculous resurrection style recovery.
He ate dinner and dessert before declaring that he was now ready to go to the park after all
(unfortunately the sun had given up on him and gone to bed by that stage).

He cracked jokes, clowned around with a cardboard tube and proclaimed that my hot sweet potato chips were so good that I should take them into work and give them to all the teachers.

I'm not sure what knocked him for six to begin with or what brought him back to his gorgeous self - but I won't complain.
The snuggles were quite beautiful really and seeing Magoo shine again was pretty great too!


Pointing + Shooting with Lou at Sunny + Scout

Shar :-)

4 comments:

HappeningsOfUs said...

Glad he made a speedy recovery :)

Unknown said...

ohh its not fun being sick, but im glad his ok now! :)

Tara @ Mum-ments said...

My Master J drops like that and bounces back just as quick funny little creatures hehe so glad hes ok though!
and yayyy for your run!
xxx

All For Love said...

Awww he is such a cutie Shar. So pleased to hear he picked up so quickly. They're incredibly resilient those little people ;o)