Sunday, December 11, 2011

Point + Shoot : Fun Focus

One of my favourite parts of parenthood is striving to give this gorgeous little person memories to cherish, good times to look back on and laughs to remember long after the other stuff (like "no sorry, you can't mate" - cue meltdown) fades.

I know in my heart that the impromptu snuggles we share slumped on the kitchen floor in the middle of a busy day or the hilarious (?) jokes we make up in the car on any regular old day will be treasured in my mind (and hopefully Magoo's).

But some days - like today -  you can just sit back, smile with them and know that they're filing these kiddy-bliss moments away forever more.

My favourite childhood memories are of our Summer Sunday rituals spent with other families at various water parks around the place every week.

So, coming full circle and organising the same kind of Summer Sundays for my own family gives me a stupid amount of satisfaction.
I love that, unconsciously, my focus as a Mum is on the fun these little people are having.
That I'm quite content to spend my day at Adventure World trawling the kiddy slides with Magoo and his friends, being splashed in the pool, riding not so junior rides. playing paparazzi, traipsing to and from the toilets and revelling in their giggles at the smallest delight.
I love that I'll happily trade a big Saturday night for a bigger Sunday of family fun
- and that I'm sharing it with these two.


What was your focus this weekend?

Linking with
&
Life Love and Hiccups
&
A Little Space Like Home

Shar :-)

10 comments:

All For Love said...

Oh I loooooove a water park Shar, something about them just throws me right back into childhood.
Your pics are just beautiful! Happy, colourful and bright, so much sunshine... just what we need around these parts, please... see what you can do! ;o)
That last shot is my fave xo

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

Don't you just wish you were young again when you could just go up and down the slides all day then fall into heap at night? Glad you had a nice weekend, Magoo looks to be right in his element!x

Ai Sakura said...

Nothing beats having a good time with the family :) have another great week!

Ai @ Sakura Haruka

Romina Garcia said...

We have a waterpark close to our home that I'm hoping to take the kids to once the weather stops PMSing!
Beautiful pics!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pics! Love a good water park but haven't braved one with the kids yet. We are lucky enough to have our own pool so lots of summer fun is had in our own backyard.

Life Love and Hiccups said...

What an absolutely gorgeous way to spend the weekend. I love that you are such a beautiful mum to your magoo and he is going to have so many Wonderful memories of his childhood thanks to you.

My focus this weekend was also the family. I too delight in their joy and I get such a kick out of seeing them have so much fun.

Thanks for linking up huni :) xx

Teresa said...

You've captured some really beautiful photos/moments there, Shar.

It's great being a kid again and sharing in that fun with your own.

Sometimes I think I am more excited than Amelie when I take her on these sorts of outings but lately she has started to thank me later in the day and it melts my heart.

MultipleMum said...

How fun Shar! I am so far away from taking my swimming disaster children to a place like that it is not funny! But I did think, maybe a slip 'n' slide would go alright for Christmas? Glad you had a ball with your guys x

My Beautiful World said...

Love this post you have brought some sweet memories back for me my friend remember those days well, didn't take me long to realise you should wear board shorts down those slides either Mmm. Hope you have a great day.

Always Wendy

Mrs M said...

Thanks for linking up to Sentimental Summer Shar. Love this for so many reasons.
The important one of creating memories, looks like so much fun.
And I can't not say, how cool does that water park look? Awesome.
Photos are great!