Monday, December 19, 2011

52 Week Project : Wk 14


Every now and then, you buy a special something
because it makes you feel a special something.
This dress does that for me.

(Not for others - as someone commented that it does
nothing for my figure, but that's a-ok.
 It wasn't my husband  - so they're entitled to their true opinion!)

For me, this dress ticked all the boxes for my school's Christmas lunch.

Pretty colour - tick.
Comfy - tick.
Doesn't closely resemble prostitution attire - tick.
(What is with 'fashion' these days??!!)
Favourite neckline - tick.
Reduced $ online - tick.
Can walk/drive/eat/breathe in it - tick.
No VPL or bra issues - tick.
Can get in and out of it without contortion or hyperventilating - tick.
No need to shave/moisturise legs if lazy rushing - tick.
Already own shoes, bag and nail polish to matchy match - tick, tick and tick.

(Now has undesirable candle wax motif thanks to my 
Carols by Candlelight clumsiness on the weekend - big ol cross!!)

Playing along with Fi's 52 Week Project @ My Mummy Daze
The 52 Week Project

Shar :-)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl...looks fantastic and I believe candle wax motive is very 2012 :)

Romina Garcia said...

Gorgeous! I love the colour, I love everything about it. I have a similar dress but in green and it's not figure hugging but it makes me feel confident in it and that shines through - just as it does for you xx

Nicole said...

Beautiful - it ticks all the boxes you want, and that's what makes it so xx

Two Aussies in Bots with a Baby said...

Love that dress!!! Stunning and you look stunning in it! (Makes your arms look awesome by the way!) It's very rare to find a sensational outfit like that so enjoy it :)

Thea said...

"Does nothing for your figure"??
Who said that? Are they nuts??

You look absolutely gorgeous in this dress. It is beautiful.

Mrs M said...

no,disagree,i think it's gorgeous.

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

I think the halter style fits suits you perfectly...and sits beautifully on your waist. Love a maxi style, they are so comfy.)

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Stunning!! Just don't drop any Donna Hay brownie mix down that beautiful dress - you WON my Donna Hay giveaway, the big prize, congratulations!! Love Posie

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Was that person out of their mind??? I think it is just beautiful, stunning, gorgeous and you wear it like it was made for you.
I love a dress that ticks all the boxes and makes you feel fabulous.
Candle Wax??? Lol - wear it proud baby! xxx

My Mummy Daze said...

Shar, this dress is absolutely beautiful! Perhaps the person who said it does 'nothing' for your figure was just green with envy. I love it! If only all our dresses ticked those boxes.

Teresa said...

You look gorgeous, Shar!

All For Love said...

You are such a hottie, this is a beautiful dress, classy, elegant, all round stunning! Never get why people make comments that are so untrue and so unnecessary... just insecure I'm sure. You would have rocked the kazbah in that little number Shar :o) xo

Hi, I'm Katie J. said...

You look amazing, tall & skinny! Love the colour.

Jane said...

Oh Shar! You are gorgeous, my friend. And plaudits to you for photographing yourself so fabulously - that's a technique I'm yet to master ☺. As for the shade of blue, you know I love it! J x

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

What a fabulous dress! I, too, love a dress that ticks all the boxes... Hmmm, I'm with Julie, insecurity makes people say funny things.

Hope you feel special wearing it because you certainly look it - gorgeous.