Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Tangled

Is this too much to hope for?
Have you ever raised the blinds with that long cord?
Come back and it's somehow worked itself into an almighty ugly tangle in your absence?


You wonder how this could have happened almost unaided in such a short space of time. And it's no mean feat to undo the damage.

I've spent three weeks trying to 'untangle the cord' - because I'm almost certain it will do some really serious damage very soon.


It's a delicate business, 'cause you pull one way, pull too hard and the whole thing can clench up and you've lost your chance at restoring the cord altogether.


Now my time is up.
I have to leave the cord watching, the cord untangling to others.
How did I ever think three weeks was even going to scratch the surface? Make any difference?

I'm ashamed to say I've made very little headway. Every time I thought I might have been getting somewhere a brand new knot appeared. In fact, it's almost guaranteed that the cord will get worse after I leave. I've never felt so powerless.


I do sometimes wonder if the cord wants to stay tangled.
If it's been this way for so long now that it wouldn't know how to hang straight, exist untangled?


But it breaks my heart to look at it.

Shar :-(

1 comment:

Maxabella said...

Shar, ALL my cords are the biggest mess you can imagine. I hate it, but I am powerless to stop it. Sigh. It's the only thing that makes me think that $10K for shutters is a bargain after all... x