Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Twenty Thirteen

Twenty Thirteen.
Welcome, my newest friend.
Come in, sit down, stay a while.
Like 365 days, I guess.

I'm glad you're here.
And it was great fun ringing you in.

I don't like to speak ill of others (especially those that have now left us)
but that 2012 was quite the drama queen, really.

She brought with her the highest of highs -
which is what I will choose to remember her for from here on.
28th August 2012 - my family -  forever changed and beautifully complete.

But, she did like to play with my head, that 2012.
She threw up some serious challenges and big scares.
Kept me on my toes, she did - and robbed me of far too much sleep.
Moving from one dramatic scene to the next - I struggled to keep up some days.
Just quietly, her rollercoaster ways very nearly exhausted me.
And I've always considered myself fairly energetic!!

I'm hoping that you will be more the sedate type, 2013.
Content with my little village here going about our business
- growing little people, enjoying each other and spending time in the moment.
I won't ask much of you and would be terribly happy
to simply balance out the stress that 2012 caused around here.

Of course, you have some surprises, challenges and mysteries in store for us.
I look forward to what you will bring - but don't feel the need to compete in the dramatics.
Honestly, the soap opera lifestyle is overrated.
We're much more rubbishy, reality tv people anyway.

Each of us have lots of change coming our way this year
- we want to embrace it, savour each fleeting day and approach our life with gratitude and appreciation.

So, 2013, I hope we're on the same page here.
Let's begin as we mean to go on and chill out for a while.
Maybe a swim, some good food, a tune or two and a cuddle of the baby?
How about it?

Wishing you exactly the kind of year you are hoping for.
Or quite the opposite - and plenty of joy in it either way.

Shar :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you all, and congratulations on your beautiful little girl. xx

Anonymous said...

Yep agree Shar...2012 wasnt the kindest of years...but you are blessed to have that little girl. I hope 2013 will be a nicer friend as well xx

robyn said...

Happy New Year! One thing you do know is to expect the unexpected! Have a great 2013.

sascedar said...

looks like a beautiful celebration for the new year! :)sarah

Jane said...

A ripper of a post, gorgeous Shar. Amen to all that, my friend! J x

All For Love said...

I just love those photos Shar, you look gorgeous, such a happy Mama :)
Yep, last year certainly brought highs and lows with it, but the older I become the more I realise that every year does that. But we can always hope for more highs than lows. Happy New Year love xo

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

I hope 2013 is wonderful for you Shar, happy new year! x