Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Oh My...

Oh my sweet boy, Magoo.
You are so, so ready for school.

You are inquisitive, curious and ever-questioning.
You're making all sorts of connections and exploring language constantly.
You're responsible, considerate, independent and love being around other kids.
You have an awesome sense of humour and your enthusiasm for pretty much everything is infectious.
You've taken to big brotherhood more beautifully than I could ever have imagined and are growing up right in front of my teary eyes.

You are a constant source of pride, hilarity and joy in my life.
Your face - and all of it's many, many expressions - literally light up my days.

Oh my sweet boy, Magoo.
I am so, so not ready for you to go to school.

(Not that I will ever tell you that. Nothing but positive school talk here!!)

I think I miss you already.
My mate, my helper, my "classic crack up".

I'll miss your cuddles and "I really love you"s throughout the day.

Your clever ideas and your lame jokes.

I'll miss the way that your little blonde head peeks around the door when I'm putting Missi down for a sleep.
(Let's not talk about that little 'feed to sleep' situation we have going on there!!)
Just checking that all is ok with your girls.
I give you a thumbs up, you wink back and go on your merry way to Legoland or your next 'concert performance'.

The way you want to keep and recycle absolutely everything we use "for my crafts, Mum".

The not-so-subtle ways you try to convince me its a great day for play-doh or the slip 'n' slide.

I'll miss our real 'taste plate' lunches together and our imaginary restaurants, all that chatter and laughter...


The uniform thing nearly broke me - and not just financially!


I want to suspend time and keep you right here, right now - for as long as possible.
But that's Mummy being selfish.
I have to be a good girl and share you 4 days a week this year.
Even if it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Mum xx

9 comments:

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

Oh Shar, how bitter sweet for you. He sounds like such a little treasure - I love the keeping of everything for craft! How gorgeous!

But just think about how much joy he's going to bring to all those others you're sharing him with.

Oh, and that feeding to sleep thing...best thing ever. Did it with both boys and don't regret it for a second!! It worked.

Lisa said...

Magoo sounds like a beautiful little boy to have around! He will be a true blessing at school. What a difficult time of transition for you!
xo

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Oh look at him! Gorgeous. I know how you feel. I had to send two kids to school this year (unexpectedly).

Wait until you see him blossom and oh does it happen fast in that first year, you'll be amazed. I love kindy kids, they're amazing.

Good luck to him and to you! x

All For Love said...

I know EXACTLY what you're going through Shar, I am feeling those same emotions right now. Just blissfully trying to ignore the elephant in the room that is school. Doesn't help when my Angus mentions it approx 325 times a day. So ready. SO SO ready. Just how do I get ready :(
Magoo looks totally gorgeous in his BIG uniform xo

Anonymous said...

It’s already been months since I frequented it. Merely wanted to avoid by way of and want you, plus your own house, quite a delighted holiday
break!
My page ; msdeja.com

Anonymous said...

Me too Shar, Me too.
Jen

Unknown said...

Oh Shar, completely understand... Its so hard to share them! But he will grow and learn so much!
But it is a double edged sword!! Why is it meant to be so hard...
Good luck Magoo..
xxxx

Amanda said...

What a sweet boy it sounds like you have... I so understand your saddness at the whole school situation... my big girl starts kindy this year and I too am missing her already just thinking about it :)

Life Love and Hiccups said...

Oh babe - I am so with you on this one and I have been randomly breaking into uncontrollable sobs for the past few weeks. Your first baby is heading off and my last baby is also going. Can you believe how fast time has flown. Magoo is going to love it and that cheeky and utterly gorgeous little monkey of yours is going to THRIVE.
Pass me the Kleenex - here I go again! xx