Monday, January 14, 2013

Time Out

On Sunday, Hubby ended up pulling out of a paddling event he had planned to compete in.
Not so fun for him -
but excellent for me because it meant that I could accept an invitation to join some 'ladies who lunch' after all.

Lunch was out at a gorgeous spot on the coast to celebrate my newest neighbour-but-more-like-a-friend's birthday.
I squeezed myself back into a pre-bubby outfit
and tried not to dwell on the fact that the only woman I would know was the birthday girl herself.

Even waiting for the other ladies to arrive was blissful!!

I enjoyed a beautiful meal, a glass of bubbles and fantastic conversation with a great bunch of girls.
I ate at my leisure, went to the toilet alone, finished the odd sentence and didn't whip out a baby wipe once.
Heaven.

Today, I have started my week with a bit more of a spring in my step and far more energy to give to my family.

I do believe a wee bit of 'time out' was just what this Mummy needed.

What's your favourite 'escape'?
And wanna do lunch???
Shar :-)

4 comments:

All For Love said...

Oh I'm a firm believer in time out Shar and when us Mama's get so little of it, it is to be relished and snapped up whenever it's on offer. Glad you had a lovely lunch xo

Unknown said...

Just had my mummy time out with my friends today. Started back at the fitness class we go to 3 times a week. Kids may have been in tow but it was still good to catch up.

Yay for mummy time out!

Unknown said...

Every mummy needs time out from time to time, just to recharge the batteries:) I'm of to bookclub tonight!

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

It's so nice to have time out isn't it! And to meet new faces :-) I can head out on my own for just a couple of hours before the baby needs feeding but honestly going out with him is like time out if the other 4 are not in tow. It's all relative! And I'd love to have lunch with you. Mel x