Wednesday, November 21, 2012

How Is It?

How is it that the sound of running water somehow resembles the sound of my baby crying as soon as I step into the shower?
Yet when I emerge soapy, hurried and bedraggled the crying has miraculously stopped?


How is it that when I'm out at the washing line I can definitely, positively, absolutely hear my baby crying
- only to abandon my precious washing line protocols, fling those pegs on, race inside... and hear nothing.
Ha ha - Gotcha!!
How is it that the one time I refuse to succumb to the silly Mummy it's-just-in-my-airy-head trickery -
 I find that Missi has in fact been crying in there all this time?

Motherhood is a cruel gig sometimes, isn't it?

Shar :-)

11 comments:

Holli said...

Haha, It's not just me!!! The shower one for sure! Also when they are asleep down the other end of the house, I don't know how many times I have heard that cry and gone down to check to find my two babies snoring away!!

Amanda @ mammajoy said...

You hear phantom baby cries too? Used to drive me nuts!! Especially when hanging out the washing, until I got tired of freaking out for no reason and then I said, use thedamn baby monitor already!

Mrs M said...

I always think I can hear the telephone when I'm in the shower. have no idea why.

Unknown said...

The shower thing drives me crazy.

I always plan to have a loooooooong shower while Holly is having a snooze and as soon as I get in I think I hear her wailing.

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

ha ha so true and when ever a baby cries in the shops or something you are like, who is that, and you give the other mother that knowlingly look.x

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

I agree! What is it with the shower?!
Look at Missy, getting so big now xx

Thea said...

Oh yes, that always happened to me in the shower, too!
Now that they're bigger I'm sure I hear them screaming at each other the minute I turn the water on.
Sadly...they often are! :-/

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

Yes this happened to me in the shower all the time! Occasionally still happens and baby is 14 months! The phantom baby cries!! I have know idea how it happens but it seems we are not alone! :) xx

Two Aussies in Bots with a Baby said...

Me too!!!! Especially in the shower. The rest of the time I carry the baby monitor around with me, just so I don't go too loopy :)

Ellen Arthur said...

I totally know what you mean!! I have spoken to so many people who say the exact same thing :)
Ellen xx

All For Love said...

Oh I totally relate to the shower thing. It used to mess with my head SO much when the boy's were babies. Must be an in-built mother thing too, as if I hear ANY baby/child cry, I tend to think it's one of mine... even when I know it isn't. Very cruel.
Missi looks like her big bro here, I think so anyway. SO cute xo