Saturday, November 26, 2011

Please help me x

This may well have been a 'you-had-to-be-there' moment,
but I was there - and I'm sharing.
Sorry Hubby.

Scene 1 :
Saturday midday.
An angelic Magoo slumbers in his bed.
A hardworking Hubby is working on the finishing touches to the ensuite reno. The task at hand is fitting and hanging the new door.
A selfish wife has clocked out for 30 minutes -  riding her exercise bike and talking to a friend on the mobile.

The Hubby is going in and out from the garage to the ensuite, sizing the door.
A bit of banging and bit of shuffling, a bit of grunting.
The wife, she's just cycling and nattering without a care in the world.
Gee, she's got good hair - this wife.

Scene 2 :
The wife finishes riding but continues chatting on the mobile.
Every now and then she can hear a second call coming in -  but chooses to ignore it, keep gasbagging and potter around putting dishes away and tidying up.
Finally, she has a look at the screen to see who has been calling and texting repeatedly for the past few minutes.
The selfish wife sees the hardworking Hubby's number and assumes he's being a clown.
Assumes he's trying to (not so) subtly tell her to get off the phone.
The wife, still on the phone, walks to the ensuite to flip her Hubby the bird or make kissing gestures while patting her posterior.

Meanwhile :
Poor hardworking Hubby has sized the ensuite door beautifully.
It fits the cavity absolutely perfectly - to the millimetre.
So perfectly it cannot be removed.
Without a handle or any space on any of the door's edges - the door cannot be opened.
Hubby is effectively stuck inside the ensuite, his exit blocked by his perfect fit of a door.

Not wanting to wake the angel Magoo, Hubby calls out to his wife and bangs softly to get her attention. With no success. She can be heard laughing and rambling around the house.
Luckily, Hubby has his mobile in his pocket, so he calls his wife. He texts his wife. He calls his wife again. He texts again. Minutes pass.
Scene 4 :
The selfish wife arrives at the ensuite to find the entrance blocked and hear a rather frustrated Hubby on the other side instructing her to push the door in.
The wife proceeds to fall around laughing and describe her Hubby's predicament to her friend on the line.
Oh, then she pushes the door in and releases that Hubby character.

Based on a true story.

Shar :-)

14 comments:

Jane said...

Oh Shar. You are such a classic! What a tale to tell ☺. Goodness, that wife has some cheek, didn't she?! J x

Toni said...

I rather think that Poor Husband and Mine might enjoy sharing a few beers and some tales.

Lou said...

Classic Shar :) Poor T-boy! Thanks for the giggle my friend xx

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

I think I just woke my caravan neighbours laughing at this one! Classic!!

All For Love said...

Oh my goodness Shar, your hubby sounds incredibly patient, what a keeper :o)
Although I can see myself being so engrossed in conversation while on the phone, that I might forget what is going on around me too.
Such a funny story to retell... I'm sure hubby sees it that way also! xo

My Beautiful World said...

Sorry hard to write still laughing love these real life moments. What a wonderful wife to let him out so soon. Enjoying your blog hope you have a great day my friend.

Always Wendy

Thea said...

Oh that is hilarious!!
My Hubba wouldn't have been nearly as patient.
He certainly wouldn't be putting Xs on the end of the texts by that stage!! hehehehe
Love your work.

Tara @ Mum-ments said...

Haha i shouldnt laugh but that is classic lol

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

I was laughing out loud at this. It's something that would happen at our place too! Lucky you've got yourself such a forgiving fella...

Life Love and Hiccups said...

OMG I nearly peed my pants laughing. You are hilarious and oh your poor hubby. That is one to tell the grandkids and great dinner party story for oh the next 10 years :0 xx

Maxabella said...

Shar that is just gorgeous! I loved this tale of domesticity and note that my fellow commentors did too. Mind you, I wonder if the husbies of the world would agree with us all? I hope he had a laugh too.

And thank you for your kind words on my post tonight, Shar. x

Romina Garcia said...

Lol, that's awesome!! I'm sure you made it up to him (as we all do!)

jody said...

ahaha that is so funny, something I would do for sure! x

Unknown said...

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha