Tuesday, November 15, 2011

52 Week Project : Wk 9

The Case Of The Missing Eyebrows
Here I am preparing for yet another day without my own eyebrows.
Thank you faithful lip pencil for filling the void.

I can no longer recall the exact date that I realised I had been
the victim of a serious crime.
I fear I may have subconsciously erased the details
from my mind as a coping mechanism.

You see, as a result of a heinous theft in my past, I am relatively brow less.
It seems my eyebrows were stolen from me at a young age.
The perpetrator of this criminal act has yet to be identified.

I don't usually speak about this ongoing investigation, 
but even Magoo has picked up the scent.
After jumping into bed for a cuddle the other morning he gasped -
"Mum, whez woo whybows gorn?"

(Like he can talk, his blonde brows are barely discernible too!
Genetics is a curse sometimes!)

Mrs Choo, my Year 9 Maths teacher also suffered a similar fate. She fought back against this crime with stunning permanent eyebrow tattoos.
I favour a brown pencil myself.

Today, please spare a thought for those members of society whose eyes, through no fault of their own, have been left frameless.
If you should happen upon a pair of stolen eyebrows or know whodunnit, please contact me.
Reward - one pair of tweezers. As new.

Linking with the 52 Week Project being hosted over @ Daisy Roo and Two this week.
The 52 Week Project

Shar :-)

13 comments:

My Mummy Daze said...

Haha, you do an amazing job there penciling your brows in because I've never noticed!

My mum and aunt suffer from "no-brow-itis". There's was self-inflicted following some severe over-plucking incidents in the 70's xxx

Anonymous said...

Beats waxing them I suppose and mine are going GREY!!

Special 'K' said...

Hmmmm! I have them BARELY! but each hair folic grows in an opposite direction to the other. So would rather not have them (although they say I should be lucky to have them) WHY? have no idea. Laughing at your little ones it never ceases to amaze me the questions they ask or the things that they recognise. Thanks for having me. Love to see you over at my place soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Kellie said...

LOL!! Love it!
I have enough eyebrows to go around five people! Seriously! :)

Life Love and Hiccups said...

LMAO Sorry hun - But I can relate. everytime I go to the beauticians, they tell me to stop plucking my eyebrows. The problem is I don't pluck them Lol. xxx

Teresa said...

Very funny! I was listening to a 'missing eye brow' related story on nova on the way home today - about a poor lady waiting at the bus stop with only one eye brow drawn. I think the moral of the story was to never find yourself getting distracted mid application. Noted!

Your brows look lovely by the way.

All For Love said...

You know what Shar, this is SO SO funny. I have lost one eyebrow myself! Both of my eyebrows are an absolute disgrace and I pencil them on every single day. On the rare occasion that I forget to do it, I try to leave my sunglasses on for as long as possible :o/
I know exactly why my brow went west. I had a mole underneath the actual brow. Two years ago I had it removed, as it was getting bigger and was not only ugly and off putting, but potentially dangerous. The hair has grown back, but it kind of goes off at a funny angle... so I just pluck the whole brow. Once I start, I cannot control my plucking :o/
You look gorgeous in this photo, brow or no brow xo

Daisy, Roo and Two said...

LOL love it! I have barely discernable eyebrows. Pal likes to tease me about it, but it doesn't bother me too much because I wear glasses unless I am in the shower or asleep - so I my eyes are framed to some extent, haha!
I've had mine tinted before - it was good but looked a bit weird after not having eyebrows my whole life!

permanently amanda said...

Whilst I feel for your suffering, you DO write a bloody funny post! :D

I have pictures of me from long ago that reveal some ...er ... over-mainting of the eyebrows. Now, I leave it in the hands of professionals. :s

Mrs M said...

can I just add, that is a really nice photo!

Romina Garcia said...

If it doesn't rain it pours. I'll give you some of mine...I've also got chin hairs and a moustache if you really really want them ;-)

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

I don't know whether to laugh uproariously or commiserate?! I'm going to pick laugh I think because you write so well about it that I don't really feel sorry for you!

Lifeasmummymax said...

lol love it. I think im one of those people who annoyingly do nothing to their eyebrows except the strays lol (which im not so sure is such a good thing) I never would have known you pencil your eyebrows! You do a great job! Great pic by the way :)