Thursday, October 27, 2011

If You Don't Have Anything Nice To Say...

This week in the blogosphere it appears -
if you don't have anything nice to say...
opt for anonymous nasty comments to satisfy your soul.


I'm starting to feel a little paranoid that some nark has infiltrated my reader and is deliberately dropping pellets of mean spirited crap all aroud the place to spook me.
Thankfully not here (yet!) - but on an alarming number of blogs I read.


Hmmm.
That reminds me of my 'it's not all about me' post a while back.
Paranoia and I are well acquainted.

I'm all for open discussion, expression of opinion, differing perspectives - that's the stuff that keeps life interesting and people authentic.

But rude for the sake of rude?
I don't get it.       
?                                                                                                         
You're not going to identify with, or even like, a portion of what you read in blogland.

Fact, that.
Move on.
Click away.
Check the weather.
Do some housework.
Whatever.

Why would people deliberately expend energy on typing up spiteful, hurtful comments  - and then opt NOT to put their identity to it??

Or this really a masterfully crafted plan devised and executed solely to creep me out in a space that usually does the opposite?
Am I falling for it by acknowledging this evil presence lurking around my feed?
Am I a couple of sentences away from revealing the ridiculous workings of my fragile mind?

Seriously - are you encountering this phantom nasty character(s) around too?

Shar :-)


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What sort of self inflated, full of yourself ...
Hee hee.
Couldn't resist.
Mum on the Run! :-)

Peggy said...

It is creepy isn't it Shar,I feel like I desperately want, NEED, to know who wrote that trite on Cherie's blog. I hope I don't follow them...

Toni said...

I haven't seen that piece of nastiness personally, and I'm glad because it really bothers me. I'm with you -- if it's good enough to want to have your say, then it's good enough to put your damn name to it.

Cherie @ 'a baby called Max' said...

Oh my! The 'anon' prank totally got me.

My heart nearly stopped, & my stomach churned, & then I realized it was a prank & breathed again.

So clearly you can see the effect nastiness has on someone like me, I just HATE it.

And like you, I just don't get it.

Why can't they just go out & check the weather, haha!

Mrs M said...

I totally agree, it's so much quicker to just click away, why don't they just do that.

All For Love said...

Yeah, it's weirdness Shar. I seriously don't get it and like yourself, kind of erks me too. I do like to think that we're all here coexisting in blogland because we like each other and just as in the real world, we have varying opinions, but that is what keeps it all so interesting.
I always get butterflies in the pit of my stomach when I see a nasty comment on someone's blog too.
And you had me for a millisecond with your 'anon' comment... cheeky girl ;o) xo

Thea said...

Oooo, I don't think I've come across this nasty commenter yet. But I am SOOOOOOOO with you! I can't stand snarky comments.
Hehe, must be the week for paranoia posts! ;)

Loz said...

I've noticed it too, starting to make me ranty. I feel a post brewing! Bloody trolls. Love this post Loz x
Ps word verification is sweri. Well, yes.. It does make me sweaty, thanks blogger for caring :)

Loz said...

Well..that would mean sweary #autocorrect FAIL. I do actually use deoderant. Move along, nothing to see here.

Life Love and Hiccups said...

You had me going too. No time for nastiness - life is too short! I am glad our little bloggy family is looking out for each other xxx

Farmers Wifey said...

oh yes, I often post as anonymous! I do!

But I only have nice things to say because stupid Blogger doesn't let me use my name!

Signed anonymous FW guess who??

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh to think they have the time?? Just like those awful people who abuse sales staff, belittle them to feel big (I am always careful to point out that they are the problem) in real life, they are in blogland too, such a shame, but don't let it rock your sparkle, i move on, their issue not mine!! Love Posie