Monday, September 3, 2012

52 Week Project : Wk 51

Lately, I seem to have lost touch with an old, familiar friend of mine.
We were fairly constant companians over the years, this friend and I.

Despite having little contact with each other in recent weeks, 
I was positively certainly absolutely sure she would come crawling out of
the woodwork once my beautiful Missi was born.

But she's keeping her distance.
She didn't visit us in the hospital and hasn't surfaced since I arrived home on the weekend.
She knows Hubby is returning work tomorrow and isn't interested.
Unusual.
Unexpected.
Home Sweet Home Missi

Anxiety, my old pal;
If I have offended you, driven you away or made you feel unwelcome here
...

brilliant.

Adios.

There's far more breathing space around here without you.

Shar :-)

9 comments:

All For Love said...

Oh my, your little lady has the sweetest face Shar, she is perfecto!
And I'm not sure if it's even possible yet, but boy, she looks like Magoo here. I bet he's literally tickled pink with her.
Anxiety is a beast and unfortunately one that hassled me for too long after both of my babes were born... if you've flicked it, power to you lovely xo

sascedar said...

you.are.stunning. what a beautiful moment, crossing the threshold with your new babe. love it. and anxiety- she's no friend, tell her to stay away! :)sarah

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

Look at you two girls, just gorgeous!!! And with an attitude like that Shar I doubt you'll be seeing your old Pal any time soon :-) Take Care!!! Mel x

Simone - honeyandfizz said...

Congratulations Shar, I've just read your news! She's beautiful and so are you. You're glowing! I hope your friend does stay away. Enjoy this wonderful time xx

Good Golly Miss Holly! said...

Look at you, do not even look like you've just had a baby! And Missi is just divine ... aaaand I am SO freaking excited that that bastard, anxiety has taken a hike! x

Farmers Wifey said...

Hey, you still have me, farm animals and all! Love you x

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

I'm so glad you're "frieNd" isn't hanging around! Absolutely stunning puc of you & your precious little girl xx

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Honey, even my SISTER does this, trust me, it's her not you (or me) with hormones, issues & a whole lot of personal stuff she doesn't either want to burden me with or share right now. My sister was weird at the beginning of this year, we are still barely talking (friendly but not frequently) then she declared she was having all sort of lady problems & needed a hysterectomy, it was playing havoc with her moods. Made complete sense & i'm so glad i just laid low & didn't attack or ask too many questions of her bizarre outbursts to me, then silence, as she had little control over how she was behaving. Hang in there, if she's worth it, she'll come back in her own time maybe, just soak up your new baby & lifestyle, she'll join in when she's ready. Love Posie

Jane said...

Oh Shar. You are so fabulous at clever word play. I am so pleased for you, my friend - that pal should be friendless. J x