Sunday, January 1, 2012

Begin Again, Finnigan.

Hello 2012.
So... I may not be Mum on the Run With a Ton  (of cash) today after all,
but after last night's indulgences I'm definitely on a winner if I'm 'worth my weight in gold'.

Hello 2012.
A new year to embrace.
I love the anticipation and excitement that surrounds the beginning of a new year.
I love the blank canvas that will be filled with appointments, celebrations, occasions and memory making.
All that possibility, potential and uncharted water.
Hello 2012.
A chance to start over for many people.
A chance to close the door on negativity, turmoil or grief from the previous year.
A chance to turn dreams into reality and plan for brighter days.

Goodbye 2011.
It was a mixed bag of a year here.
There are moments I hope to never live again, there are moments I will do everything in my power to recreate and there are issues/dreams/goals in the 'unresolved' basket that I will carry into this new and exciting year ahead.
While I love the rejuvenation and celebration that a new calender year brings - and any excuse for a sparkler or twenty - I also wonder why we can't harness this energy for positivity and change all year round.
Why do we wait for a date to dictate when we will become proactive and energised about our lives?
Why is today a more fitting day to count our blessings or determine our self worth and resolve to actualise it, than last Sunday was?

Hello 2012.
Take a seat, put your feet up, rest awhile.
But not too long.
We've got a big one ahead of us.

Shar :-)

14 comments:

Kate @ Our Little Sins said...

Haha, I was thinking of you this morning as I checked my tatts ticket! I didn't win big but I won about $50!

Hope you have a wonderful 2012 xo

Karla {Ironmum Karla} said...

Hmmm I'm with you on this one, so much emphasis placed on one time of the year and it goes out the window and forgotten about by March! There is always something to improve on! I hope you have a great year;x

Anonymous said...

Bugger about the lotto!! Hello 2012 lets all have the most fantastic year we can xx

Naomi said...

I couldn't agree more. Why do we wait for a certain day? And I'd love to have that positive energy that's around on new years eve all year.

Happy 2012 to you... here's to a great year. x

Toni said...

Damn. I didn't win either.

Well, we still have our dreams, right?

All For Love said...

Oh I totally get that Shar, I often wonder what makes a New Year such a time for change also, after all we're the same person as we were yesterday, it's our minds that need to change, not the date before us.
Love that beautiful sparkly pic of you and Magoo... and your glow necklace is pretty cool too :o) xo

Jane said...

Oh Shar. You never fail to fire up my grey matter - good point! It's just gorgeous to see you two looking so delighted. Wishing you and yours a sparkling 2012. J x

Anonymous said...

Um excuse me but where is our cameo mention? Love from NYE 2011 party people

Farmers Wifey said...

Wow THIS is exactly how I feel too. I yearn for the beginning of the year to have everything starting afresh...and a clean slate. I do feel positive and I do hope it carries on past March!

I hope your 2012 is amazing, my friend x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Happy New Year, yes, let's try to carry around the enthusiasm & energy all year round. Love Posie

Unknown said...

I'm hoping that 2012 will be a good one too ... Happy New Year to us all!

Tamsyn said...

Happy New Year Shar, I hope 2012 is kind to us all xx

Corinne (aka Rinny of Arabia) said...

Happy new year to you and Magoo! Hope it's a brilliant one! X

Tara @ Mum-ments said...

Happy New Year beautiful lady!
Im a little slow catching up on commenting around the place hehe
Im still convinced you need a FB page ;)

I love an empty calendar and diary its so exciting! and so neat I know by the end of my year its scribbles and messy lol

Hope 2012 is amazing for you and your family
xxx