Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dear Santa - I'm Blank!

Well, well, wells, I was taggy tagged by Loz over at Ninja Towers last week, but you know,
time (and that Christmas train) is stopping for no lazy blogger is it??

So, it's my turn to put pen to paper (or tip-tap this keyboard) and drop Santa Claus a line or two.
I'm sure he'll be delighted to hear from me amidst all of his list making and checking.

Dear Santa,

Howdy.
What a year, hey?

I won't bore you with the details, but it has been quite the dramatic year around these parts.
The highest of highs (we shall call her MIssi) and some obligatory lows (which shall remain nameless) to keep it real.

Now Santa, please don't be disappointed in me.
I mean you absolutely no disrespect.

The very thing that I'm sure my parents would have loooooved (and just about keeled over) to hear when I was growing up has occurred this December.

I'm a little me-me-me gift stumped!!

I have me no list, old man.
I know. 
It's not a typo, Santa.
A blank list. Nada. Nothing.

I have spent a few days (and quite a few "but you must want something"s from Hubby) racking this fragile little head
- and I keep coming up empty.

I guess that makes me very content... or too exhausted to contemplate the material stuff right now!

There doesn't seem to be much you can do for me this year, Big Red.
(Unless you and the elves are harbouring a magic cure for Bubby reflux and the resulting Mummy wrist issues - then I'ma on my way to the North Pole as I type.)

I have my beautiful Hubby home with us a lot more than usual in the next three weeks and that's the most valuable gift I could request right now, to be honest.
I'm sure Mrs Claus felt very similarly when she had little ones hanging out of her all day.

And now that I think of it, I guess one well placed Powerball could make that a permanent household arrangment, couldn't it?
Don't spose you get too many requests of the Lotto/Powerball variety  though,do you??!!
Much.

But gifts for my two little people, Mr Claus?
Now, that's a different story entirely.
Go right ahead and spoil them rotten if you like.
Because really, their pleasure is mine too.

The gorgeous boy here has no trouble with his list composing, that's for sure.
And the sweet, smiley bubby girl, she'll enjoy the wrapping and the animated faces at the very least.

Your visit is much anticipated around our place - despite my own lack of a list, so please don't be offended and skip us altogether.
If it comes to it, feel free to take these last couple of kilos I'm lugging about and pop them in the back of that sleigh as your gift to me.
Or at least see if you can find my running mojo out there on your travels.
Oh - and hey -  fix that air conditioning while you're on the roof, would you?!

Stay safe Santa and enjoy that bevvy Magoo will delight in leaving you and the reindeer.

Shar :-)

What's on your list?
Or do you have any suggestions for mine??

5 comments:

Toni said...

I'm the SAME! my husband said the other day he hasn't bought me anything yet, and did I have any suggestions, and I couldn't think of ANYTHING.
I have to make a list and put it on the fridge, but for the life of me, I don't know what's going on there.

Unknown said...

Its so nice to read that you have nothing on your list!!

I know I would be racking my brain too if I had to come up with things! They would be the incidentals!

You are truly gorgeous - hope your running mojo comes back and if santa gives you too much can you send some my way! xx

Anonymous said...

Im with you Shar, it really nice not to want anything. Im happy I will have my children with me Xmas day this year missed out the last two years as they were with their Dads :)

All For Love said...

There you go, powerball & aircon, I think they are superb gifts to request of Santa... he can do ANYTHING afterall. I'm a bit the same with pressies Shar, couldn't really care less, I am more focused on trying to be the best 'Santa' I can be for my boys. Hubby on the other hand is hell-bent on gifting me an ipad this year. What a sweetie. But really, I could give or take that too. Nice to be content though xoxo

Anonymous said...

Got a great joke in my Christmas cracker at work party

What do you give the man who has everything?



Antibiotics! Haha

Love the voss family