Saturday, March 31, 2012

Grateful For...This Kid


If it weren't for this gorgeous little man in my life,
this past week alone I would not have had reason (excuse?) to ...
  • style a 'fire engine' bedroom
  • visit the city - and marvel at the wonders of public transport
  • cluck at farm animals
  • take a carer's day from work
  • make fairy bread and chocolate crackles in one day
  • buy a whole new winter wardrobe - in a boys size 3
  • eat my weight in party food
  • cram my expanding self into a miniature train
  • ride a see saw
  • turn the car radio up to stupid volumes to drown out the backseat tantrum from hell
  • count collections of items out loud - everywhere I go
  • build uninspired Lego creations - only to be outdone by someone a tenth of my age
  • just about melt at the "I love you anytime, Mum - and my baby too" whispered in my ear at random intervals
  • cringe at the (repeated) sound of a newly discovered duck whistle
  • laugh hysterically in a coffee shop - and look slightly insane to the others patrons who couldn't actually see the little person/clown on the armchair opposite me
  • climb into a single bed and snuggle down
  • cook sausages...
I'm grateful for the day to day that is living with a small person.
They way they can turn an 'ordinary' moment into one to be treasured (or trashed - depending on their mood!)

Linking with Maxabella's 52 Weeks of Grateful
Shar :-)

*My appreciation of life, my gorgeous husband and our boy is even greater tonight as I reflect sadly on the tragic passing of a school friend today.
Peter, who was killed by a shark while diving, leaves behind a beautiful family, his wife and two young sons.
Rest in peace, Pete. Every moment IS one to treasure. xxx

11 comments:

Mel @ Coal Valley View said...

We were just reading about this recent shark incident. So so tragic. That's a bit too close for home though Shar, him being a school friend. There are quite a few sad incidences lately putting everything in perspective. Just have to appreciate every moment as you say. Mel xx

Teresa said...

It's so true. The little ones know how to have fun and I'm so happy to follow their lead. I've never had so much fun.

I'm so sorry to hear about your school friend xox

Cherie @ 'a baby called Max' said...

Oh my gosh, he is divine!

How he declares his love for you & baby just makes me melt!

I'm so sorry for your loss, absolutely tragic! xx

Nicole said...

He is so precious xx

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Shar. We saw it on the news. x

Lou said...

Oh the whispering in the ear! Made me melt just reading it.. sigh...

Tales of a Tai Tai said...

Little boy love has got to be the best. So glad you have that in your life xx

Tat @ Mum in search said...

S o many wonderful moments in one week!

All For Love said...

Oh life is truly an 'adventure' with the littlin's in our lives, tiring, frustrating, but utterly wonderful!
Loving the pics of your Magoo, he gets bigger and cuter by the week xo

Travel With Lulu said...

A wonderful capture of the moment. So sorry to hear of your friend - so sad. Your newest follower, Laura

Mrs M said...

Oh Shar, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.
It always gives us some perspective of how lucky we are for a simple life.

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

I loved your grateful list & hearing how your little man makes you smile - so beautiful. Each moment really is so precious xx

And so so sorry for your loss :( xx